Re: Orca outputCharAttributes is speech only?

Hi Mike,

Orca currently has a succinct and a verbose Braille mode. For a deaf-blind user (or some other use cases), a "Braille exclusive" mode might be interesting, where the Braille user interface is driven as if it is the only output modality.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Archtiect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

  What I'm wondering is this:  How does a braille user
identify that the current text is, say, 14 point Times New Roman?  A
speech user can obtain this info by pressing Insert+F.

What I'm thinking here is a user option where orca could optionally display informational text such as this on the braille display for a set amount of time such as 4 seconds. I was also thinking that any updates to the screen or caret position would cause this information to be erased and the braille display to be updated. What does everyone think of this?
Mike