Re: Orca punctuation and speechfactory problem

Hi Olivier:

I have 2 problems using orca (latest CVS) :
- First when I change the punctuation level, it has no effect. I want to
set it to None, I do it, there is no difference when speaking and when I
restart orca, the punctuation level is set to all. Strange, isn't it ?

Yes - very strange!  Do you see the same problem with Orca v1.0.0?

- I also have a problem usjng the speech dispatcher backend from Tomas Cerha. When I start orca -t to try
to set it, I can read in my terminal the following message : "Speech Dispatcher interface is not
installed." and of course
Speech dispatcher doesn't appear in the list of available drivers.
But I did everything according to Tomas page. When I used it in July, it worked perfectly.

Eeks.  I'm not sure.  We haven't really had a chance to focus on the
SpeechDispatcher stuff submitted by Tomas Cerha yet. But, the error
message you are getting is because the SpeechDispatcher support in Orca
(from the patch - we haven't rolled it into Orca at this time) is not
able to find the SpeechDispatcher speechd Python module.  It may be that
the speechd module is not in the PYTHONPATH.

Will