Re: Orca Introduction, comments and a question or two

Hi.
I can duplicate your problems when I use Swift voices in festival.  The
system is slow to respond compared to other festival voices.  The rate
does the opisite  of normal.

You might try switching to a native Linux install with Festival.  You
should get a more responsive system.

Also, I noticed when I use Swift voices in festival, they don't sound as
good as when I use them with the swift binary.

Almost forgot, I'm running Edgy directly.  I left Windows 5 years ago
and haven't missed it.

          Kenny