Orca Apply, Ok, Cancel...

Hi,

The HIG suggests that Cancel should undo everything, even changes made
before pressing Apply (so it's an Undo and Cancel button really -- is
that the way the Cancel button now behaves?).

Not by my understanding of it (or the way I've implemented it in Orca).
Cancel will just dismiss the Preferences dialog window. It doesn't adjust
or save any settings.

I think like Rich, I see it this way (as I did it locally):

Apply:  apply changes made in the GUI (doesn't quit the GUI).
Cancel: quits the GUI (doesn't apply any changes).
OK:     APPLY CHANGES, and then quits the GUI.

I think that's the most intuitive behaviour.

I guess it's OK if you have an OK button in addition to an Apply
button because then you can apply and press OK to close.

Right.

Well, as Orca doesn't have "instant apply", there would be no difference
between Ok and Cancel... I think OK shuold apply and quits, cancel just
quit. And if you just want to try what you've just changed (like
magnifier) and keep touching things, just click Apply.

What do you think?

_("Free as in Freedom")