Orca FW: Thoughts on whereAmI: Quantity of Information

Hi Joanie

Although new to Orca I have had plenty of experience in the Windows
environment and agree with the sentiments you have described.

I don't just think it would confuse the novice user, but also aggrivate the
experienced one too.

Perhaps within the Orca preferences an option to alter the amount of
verbosity, or route description to where you are and what you are doing.

My only other point, and this I have no experience of within Ubuntu at the
moment, is that when you come out of a screen saver or log back into a timed
out session it automatically provides you with details of the application
that has focus together with an Orca system annoucement.  So using your
examples of Open Office
<Beep>
<Orca activated> obvious I know if it says it but if it doesn't you know
that Orca isn't working or something has gone wrong
<open office active>

My works PC runs ZoomText and the lack of this startup announcement is quite
annoying as to find out the application I am in I have to leave it and
return back to it using the Alt + Tab to move in and out (there might be a
proper keyboard shortcut for this but I'm a bit lazy!).

If Orca does this already then please ignore the above couple of paragraphs
and accept my apologies - as I said I am still coming to grips with Linux
and Orca.

Ian