Re: Orca Making run the magnifier on the Live CD

Hi Henrik:

We might be able to make Orca honor the gconf settings for launching the
magnifier.  Would you like us to do so?

Will

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 12:37 +0200, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
Hi,

On the ubuntu Live CD we have a few boot options that let you start
various pre-configure access options by pressing F5 and a number.

The settings are generally made via the gconf2 tool. We can set Orca to
start in this way, but we are not able to make it _start with the
magnifier_ since that is now stored in .orca/user-settings.py

Is there some simple way of pushing a change into the configuration of
orca from the command line or an 'orca --magnifier' option?

I guess we could store a copy of .orca/user-settings.py somewhere on the
Live CD system and copy it in before starting orca, but that's getting a
bit hacky this late in the process.

Any better ideas?

Henrik