Orca new to web page accessibility, want to help in coding.

hello,
I have been observing a lot of emails asking about the status of
firefox accessibility with orca.
I have also posted on the same issue a couple of times.
I will however like to mention a particular point.
it seams that the complete accessibility for firefox wont appear on
the desktop for about 1 year at least.
so I will like to make my contribution.
I have also mentioned this previously that I am a good c and python developer.
I want to know how web accessibility works on a conceptual level.
I will particularly like to know what approach orca is taking for web
accessibility including accessibility for html forms etc.
I will then like to get into the firefox accessibility.  may be I will
do some work from scratch or may be I will like to contribute if it
will create any impact on the timeline.
Krishnakant