Re: Orca RE: ./configure information

Yeah well, I'm not one to keep things simple. I decided to toast my SUSE machine and replace it with Ubuntu 5.10 as was suggested and I even gave
it a hardware upgrade so I'm running 512 MB instead of 256 MB of RAM.

Cool. If you're willing, Ubuntu Dapper Drake might be the better thing to try right now. Upgrading 5.10 to GNOME 2.14 might be a bit of a struggle.

And about twice as much horsepower too. I can already feel the
difference. Of course, that means I'll have to start over with the
installation of Orca but hopefully it will go more smoothly this time
now that I am a bit more informed. Would you still recommend that I use
the prefix=/usr on the configure? Also, should I be doing that on all
the programs I compile and install so they all install to the same
place?

From previous conversations on the list, it looks like Ubuntu has done the appropriate magic to Python let the default prefix (/usr/ local) work well. But...I've not tried this and will probably stick to --prefix=/usr for my own work.

Thanks much for hanging in there and for your enthusiasm!

Will