Orca help with debugging utilities

Hey all.  According to the docs (4.1. Debug Utilities)
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/orca/docs/doc-set/orca.html#AEN2853

-------
There are two main settings to tell Orca to print out events: an event
filter and an event debug level. The event filter is a regular
expression that is used to match AT-SPI event types, and the event debug
level specifies a threshold for when to actually print information to
the console (for more complete detail on these settings, refer to
debug.py). These settings can be modified by adding the following lines
to your ~/.orca/user-settings.py:

debug.setEventDebugFilter(re.compile('window:activate'))
debug.setEventDebugLevel(debug.LEVEL_OFF)
-------

I tried adding those as written to my user-settings.py file. That
resulted in errors. So I got rid of the above lines, uncommented this
line:

        orca.debug.eventDebugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_OFF

And added this line:

        orca.debug.eventDebugFilter = re.compile('window:activate')

Now when I run orca, I get a constant stream of the following which
ultimately grinds my system to a halt if I don't stop it:

vvvvv PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:text-caret-moved vvvvv
^^^^^ PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:text-caret-moved ^^^^^

vvvvv PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:text-changed:insert vvvvv
^^^^^ PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:text-changed:insert ^^^^^

vvvvv PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:text-caret-moved vvvvv
^^^^^ PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:text-caret-moved ^^^^^

What am I missing??  Thanks in advance!!
Joanie