Re: problem with orca running

Hi Cody:

This time when I did a "orca-setup" I got a lot of stuff then when I
typed orca at the prompt afterwards, I got an error saying it couldn't
find a speech driver?

OK...so it looks like you may have gotten past the Python configuration problem. Just to be sure, please try the "import orca.orca" test from the Python shell: if it works, then the path stuff should be resolved. If it doesn't, then there's more configuring to do.

Regarding the speech driver, does test-speech work for you? If not, then your next step will be to get gnome-speech working.

I am running Fedora Core 3

Eeeks. This is quite old. I don't develop on it and the other people I know that have used it with Orca have problems with it. If you can, I'd try upgrading to Fedora Core 4 or move to Ubuntu 5.10.

Finally, please give the QUICKSTART document a scan if possible. We wrote it to provide a barebones set of steps to get folks up and running with Orca. If it doesn't help or you encounter problems, we should try to update the doc to help others in the future.

Hope this helps,

Will

Cody