Orca Stability issues with 2.17.3

Hi,
as the subject tells, there are some stability issues I encountered with the latest Orca.
Orca often crashes when an error message appears.
This error message can be caused by Gnome-Session manager, Open Office or Nautilus. In the case of Gnome-Session manager it happens when I opened the main menu by pressing Alt+f1. OO crashes when I closed a document, and Nautilus opened an error message when I tried to change the owner of a file, so that I was able to copy it from my notebook (Windows XP) to my desktop computer (Ubuntu 6.10). In all cases I had to restart Orca, and then I could see the error message. After the problem with Nautilus Orca only showed the startup dmessage, and then I couldn't navigate at all; I had to restart my computer.
Since this happens with Orca 2.17.3 I guess this is a stability problem.
Does anyone have similar experience?
Regards
Hermann