Re: Orca dectalk synthesiser not available

How do you recompile Gnome Speech?
Has it got something to do with changing a line in a certain file in the Dectalk directory?
There didn't seem to be a locations.sh file.
I thought that once installation was run it should have configured things unless I am missing something and need to download something else to recompile Gnome Speech.

Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi, Michael.
Did you recompile gnome-speech? You need to do that to be able to use the Dectalk software with orca.
Hth.

MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
some people at my LUG have updated Ubuntu and Orca for me.
They have managed to install Dectalk but we have a problem.
It works when the speech is tested, it works with the Just Say tool.
However, when we ran Orca 0.2.5 which we downloaded from Luke's site for some reason Dectalk seems to be unavailable in speech preferences. Even when we logged off and logged in again and accessed the Orca settup, still no option to choose Dectalk.
All I seem to be offered is Gnome Speech.
How do I rectify this problem so I can choose Dectalk?
I am sure it is there from the testing of that synthesiser but Orca seems to be treating it like it doesn't exist even though when Ben ran the Installation it asked for my registration.