Re: Orca Keybindings and modifiers.

Hi Luke:

We played around with the Caps_Lock key as the Orca modifier key and had
trouble with it.  The primary problem was that we could not consume the
event before the X server did.  As a result, we could indeed key off the
keycode for the Caps_Lock key, but we could not prevent the Caps_Lock
from going on or off.  The resulting behavior was that you could quickly
end up in a situation where your Orca keystrokes were causing Caps_Lock
to alternately toggle on and off.

From my work with XKB, I also remember Caps_Lock being just a plain old
problematic key for a variety of reasons, and I'd recommend staying away
from it.

Will

PS - attached is a patch to turn the Caps_Lock key into the Orca
modifier.  It "works," but suffers from the problem where the Caps_Lock
modifier is tweaked whenever you touch the key.