Re: Orca what went wrong?

Hi Frank:

This looks like gnome-speech isn't very happy or that the ORBit stuff
for gnome-speech isn't being found by Python.  Try typing the following
commands in the python shell (just type 'python' at the command line and
press return):

import bonobo
import ORBit
ORBit.load_typelib("GNOME_Speech")

These commands shouldn't give you any errors.  If it does, let me know.
My guess is that you built/put gnome-speech in /usr/local, which also
put the gnome-speech ORBit stuff in /usr/local/lib/orbit-2.0/, which
probably cannot be found by PyORBit.  If this is the case, I'm not sure
of the magic incantations or environment variables to set to tell
PyORBit to find things in places besides /usr/lib/orbit-2.0/, and the
only advice I can give is to try to rebuild/install both gnome-speech
and orca using "--prefix=/usr".

Hope this helps,

Will