Re: [orca-devel] [orca-list] Structural navigation of OOo writer documents.

As Joanie had suggested, I explored the accessibility of various document elements in OOo and Libre Office using Accerciser. The objects Image, Text Box, Check Box, Push Button, Radio Button, Group Box, Table, Label expose the correct roles to AT-SPI. The objects Heading, Hyperlink, List Box, Combo Box, Spin Button, Section have some accessibility gaps. I have filed following bug reports based on my observations. I hope this information helps in making Office documents more accessible.

Open Office.org

117204  A heading in writer document doesn't expose ROLE_HEADING to AT-SPI.

117206  A hyperlink in writer document doesn't expose correct role and URL to AT-SPI.

117256  A list box in writer document doesn't expose ROLE_LIST to AT-SPI.

117260  A section in writer document is not visible to AT-SPI.

117274  A spin button in spreadsheet doesn't expose ROLE_SPIN_BUTTON to AT-SPI.

Libre Office

35105  A heading in writer document doesn't expose ROLE_HEADING to AT-SPI.

35107  A hyperlink in writer document doesn't expose correct role and URL to AT-SPI.

35110  A list box in writer doesn't expose correct role to AT-SPI.

35111  A combo box in writer document doesn't expose ROLE_COMBO_BOX to AT-SPI.

35112  A section in writer document is not visible to AT-SPI.

35129  A spin button in spreadsheet doesn't expose ROLE_SPIN_BUTTON to AT-SPI.

- Dattatray Bhat