Re: orbitcpp/orb-cpp/*_seq.h member typedefs access control problem

Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:

Hi,

I believe something wrong with member typedef access control in orbitcpp/orb-cpp/*_seq.h headers.
Here is a situation in brief:
In all files we have template class *SeqBase<> wich usually (except CompoundSeqBase where it missed I guess) have protected typedefs for types like value_t, c_value_t, size_t etc wich finally for my undestanding should come to public in *{Bounded,Unbounded}Seq template. Unfortuanetely it's not true. This becomes a problem on systems with gcc 3.3.1 compiller (gcc 3.2 passes it through) while compilling code like String_var. Compiller complains that undelying value_t type is private in this context.

One of these days I'll upgrade to 3.3 and catch all these access control problems.

I have patches against 1.3.7 version (not cvs) here. If it make sence I can fill full bug report with proposed patch against cvs few days later.

Thanks for the patch, I have already applied it to CVS. Can you confirm that CVS now works for 3.3?

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au