Re: new release?

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 00:34, Bowie Owens wrote:
Hi Murray,

I still can't seem to connect to widget.

Are you still waiting for something from the admins? Maybe I can help to
bug them for you.

Greg Leblanc recently asked for a password which I have supplied. I'll give him a bit more time.

OK I will do that.

Thanks.

I'm slightly confused about the simplifications. You seem to have
simplified the output (removing the orbitcpp namespace), probably
without at all using my hacky simplification that was reverted to the
branch. Did you achieve the same results, or is there something still do
for that?

The simplifications to the inheritance heirarchies are done. Let me give a quick overview of what was and how it is now. There used to be three inheritance heirarchies for some interface Y in module X: (I might get the old names slightly wrong but you should get the idea.)

X::Y - supposedly common stuff, nested primitive types and a few functions.
orbitcpp::stub::X:::Y - the stub class required by the standard, inherits from X::Y
POA_X::Y - the POA class required by the standard, inherits from X::Y.

So the interface/class heirarchy from the IDL is repeated 3 times with both the stub and POA classes inheriting from X::Y. Note that the nested primitive types and functions in the "common" classes do not need to be a part of the POA class. So I broke the inheritance of POA_X::Y from X::Y. Having done that there was no longer any need for two heirarchies X::Y and orbitcpp::stub::X::Y. So I merged the stub heirarchy down. So we now have:

X::Y - the stub class required by the standard.
POA_X::Y - the POA class required by the standard.

This means that X::Y_ptr is now X::Y* which simplified the template parameterization of sequences. Along the way I fixed some stuff that depended on single inheritance.

Due to the internals of the orbitcpp compiler, for Z.idl, it was easier to put the X::Y class in Z-cpp-common.h rather than Z-cpp-stubs.h. So you will notice that Z-cpp-stubs.{h,cpp} are pretty much empty now.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au