Re: Module status & patches

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 08:21 +0200, Mark Hoebeke wrote:
> Some organizational issues remain however, which I list here in no
> specific order :
> 	- who is the official maintainer of the module (if there still is one) ?
> 	- would anybody be intersted in the patches I made ?
> 	- if so how do I commit my changes into the repository ?
> 	- are there still people using this module ?
> 	- should I switch to pyorbit ?
> 	(OK, this one's to check if you've not fallen asleep :D)
>
> Any comments welcomed !

As another satisfied CORBA::ORBit user, I'd love for someone to step
forward to maintain it as well.  I have had to patch CORBA::ORBit too,
in my case to support wstrings, and would be happy to feed this back
upstream, except it looks like the lights are off and the house is
empty.  Huw Rogers released version 0.4.7, but there does not seem to
much traffic from him on the mailinglist lately either.

(If anyone here has tried (successfully, preferably) to migrate from
CORBA::ORBit to different, more viable, Perl CORBA frameworks (MICO?),
it'd be interesting to hear what it was like.)

--
                                                        Arne.