Re: ORBit2 port? (was Re: _narrow() patch to CORBA::ORBit dropped?)

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 12:48, Huw Rogers wrote:
> > > BTW I'd be interested in your thoughts on a port to orbit2.
> >
> > See the mail I resent to the list this morning... I discussed it
> > a bit there.

Hi Huw,

Before we get two involved with ORBit2, I think the first priority is to
put in a couple of simple patches into CORBA::ORBit and then make a
0.4.4 release.

After that, I'm quite keen on ORBit2 as I would like to reduce the
number of different ORBS I have to use. At the moment I use:

C++: TAO
C: ORBit
Perl: ORBit, COPE, Mico (need the IFR for COPE)

In the longer term I think ORBit2 can eventually fill all those niches,
which would save a _lot_ of configuration management (not to mention
mailing list reading...).

Cheers,
Alex.