Re: _narrow() patch to CORBA::ORBit dropped?

Alex Hornby <alex anvil co uk> writes:

> On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 04:05, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > Huw Rogers <count0 building2 co jp> writes:
> >
> > > I am thinking of forking orbit-perl and creating a project on
> > > sourceforge for it, so we can get more done.
> >
> > OK, I guess I should finally respond here :-)
> >
> > As you all have guessed by now, I have very little time
> > to work on side projects like orbit-perl these days,
> > and even if I did have such time, orbit-perl isn't
> > high on the list of things I want to work on.
> >
> > A fork of ORBit-Perl seems counter-productive to me
> > since I'm not going to be maintaining the other side
> > of the fork.
> >
> > If there are a couple of people interested in working on
> > orbit-perl, I'd be happy to get them access to GNOME
> > CVS, make them the owners of the mailing list,
> > and get project web page on gnome.org going with
> > auto-update from CVS.
> >

> Hi Owen,
>
> >From Huw's posts it sounds like he's happy to become the maintainer and
> do the releases etc., however I'd welcome CVS write access so that I can
> get occasional fixes and/or small enhancements in.

Send me (offlist) login name, the real name and email address, and
crypted password, and I'll create an account.  (see the end of
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html)

> BTW I'd be interested in your thoughts on a port to orbit2.

See the mail I resent to the list this morning... I discussed it
a bit there.

Regards,
                                        Owen