Re: binding to nameserver problem
- From: Sreeji K Das <bksys vsnl com>
- To: Nohl Attila Rajmund <Attila Nohl eth ericsson se>
- Cc: orbit-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: binding to nameserver problem
- Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:13:13 +0530 (IST)
I'm not having this problem. I'm using ORBit.0.5.8 with CORBA::ORBit
0.4.3. I remember seeing this problem, but do not remember in which
version ! May be u can upgrade to 0.5.8 & test. Is this happening always
? I think it used to give a 'segmentation fault', but it's working
On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Nohl Attila Rajmund wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Sreeji K Das wrote:
> > Hi
> > In the IDL list, you need to include CosNaming.idl as well (ie. not
> > just echo.idl) . It's available in src/services under the base dir. of
> > ORBit.
> It worked, then I got an other error message:
> Attempt to marshall unknown object type at ./echo2-server.pl line 37.
> I made a search on Google about the error message, and the first hit was
> your patch against CORBA-ORBit-0.4.3. I applied it and remade
> CORBA-ORBit. After this, the server was able to bind to the nameserver,
> but when the client tried to connect, the orbit-name-server simply
> exited. I found the same error in the archives of this mailing list,
> unfortunately without solution.
> I'm using ORBit-0.5.7-3 from RedHat 7.1 on i386.
> "Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
> tried it."
] [Thread Prev