Re: binding to nameserver problem

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Sreeji K Das wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the IDL list, you need to include CosNaming.idl as well (ie. not
> just echo.idl) . It's available in src/services under the base dir. of
> ORBit.

It worked, then I got an other error message:
Attempt to marshall unknown object type at ./echo2-server.pl line 37.

I made a search on Google about the error message, and the first hit was
your patch against CORBA-ORBit-0.4.3. I applied it and remade
CORBA-ORBit. After this, the server was able to bind to the nameserver,
but when the client tried to connect, the orbit-name-server simply
exited. I found the same error in the archives of this mailing list,
unfortunately without solution.
I'm using ORBit-0.5.7-3 from RedHat 7.1 on i386.

				Bye,NAR
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
 tried it."