Re: Building ORBit2 on Windows

> Well, I'm thinking of something like the files here:
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/ORBit2
>
> (which I've never tried to use), since my purpose is to implement DII,
> so I need to modify the ORBit2 library itself.

I still don't understand what you mean with "implement Dll"...

You can have a DLL (or several) with your own code that calls
functions from the ORBit2 DLL(s).

Do you just want to minimize the number of DLLs needed? But then you
would need to compile libIDL and GLib yourself, too, as static
libraries to link into your DLL.

> I'm using an SMB mount onto my Linux file system, so they actually are
> symlinks.

Ah ok.

> Here's more of what I've found out.  I installed the Windows debugging
> tools

Those unfortunately don't help much for code built with MinGW, as it
uses a different debugger symbol table format.

> Now, I'm not quite sure how to read this.  Was it trying to load
> libgthread when it died,

I think so, or then libgthread is just the last DLL it loaded before
the crash then happens while it was doing something else... Sorry, I
can't see any obvious cause for the crash in that output either.

> checking for msgfmt... no

> Yes, I've installed gettext-runtime-0.17-1.zip and
> gettext-runtime-dev-0.17-1.zip

You need the msgfmt command when building GLib, that is in the
"gettext-tools" package on ftp.gnome.org.

--tml