Re: Multi-threaded

Toralf Lund wrote:
> First question: Is this list actually alive???
Yes, the list is alive, but little conversation going on ;)

> Second question: Can anyone explain how to set up an ORBit2 server so
> that it can process several requests in parallel via multi-threading?

Did you take a look at this page?

http://projects.gnome.org/ORBit2/orbit-docs/orbit/x1223.html#AEN1229

Taking a look at this sample code today, I would do it a bit
differently, for example: instead of instanciating  a new ORB within
each  thread, one should instanciate only a single ORB instance once in
main thread and invoke "run" from within each thread on it. The "run"
operation will add the specific thread to thread-pool, waiting for new
incoming requests to be processed.  This threading-model would be the
most resource-efficient way.

Does this help? May I ask you for the reason you look at CORBA,
especially ORBit2?  If you are interested in realtime-like middleware,
it might be worth to look at http://www.OpenSplice.org, which is a DDS
data centric publish/subscribe framework, providing  scaling ,
fault-tolerance and realtime as key features. DDS is also an open standard.

Just in case you would like professional services for ORBit2 or
OpenSplice DDS, you can contact  http://www.icoup-consulting.com

Regards, Frank
begin:vcard
fn:Frank Rehberger
n:Rehberger;Frank
adr:;;Wiesbadenerstr. 28;Berlin;;14197;Germany
email;internet:Frank Rehberger web de
tel;cell:+491732057118
note:Skype: frehberg
x-mozilla-html:FALSE