Re: win32 native build

> I already downloaded the
> ORBit2-dev_2.4.16-1_win32.zip from the gnome ftp site, but there were no lib
> files included.

You can produce one for instance like this:

download http://tml.pp.fi/pexports-0.44.zip, unpack, put pexports.exe
somewhere in %PATH% . pexports also comes with mingw.
cd foo\lib
pexports ..\bin\libORBit-2-0.dll >ORBit-2.def
lib -def:ORBit-2.def -machine:x86 -out:ORBit-2.lib

where lib is lib.exe that comes with MSVC.

You can also use link -dump -exports instead of pexports, but then you
will have to edit the output file into .def syntax, and the exported
variables won't be marked with the DATA keyword, which probably is
very relevant for the produced import library to be useful with MSVC.

Note that I have never used ORBit2 with MSVC-built code myself, I only
told above how to produce an MS import library.

--tml