error while cross-compiling ORBit2-2.14.1 for "ARM Cortex-A8"

Hello team,

First of all please excuse me for my questions if they seem trivial or
if they have already been discussed on this mailing list though I have
done much googling for this information.

I'm trying to cross-compile ORBit2-2.14.13 for my ARM machine using
code-sourcery gnu toolchain. I'm getting the following error during
configuration.

----------------------------
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking alignment of CORBA_octet... 0
configure: error: Failed to find alignment. Check config.log for details.
----------------------------

In config.log I found that compiler is not able to set the alignment
of CORBA_octet and ac_cv_alignof_CORBA_octet is set to 0. Thats why
I'm getting this error.

Similarly I'm sure I will get the same error while setting the
alignment of CORBA_boolean, char, wchar etc..

Are there any known values for the following variables which I can
cache during configuration process?

alignment of CORBA_octet
alignment of CORBA_boolean
alignment of CORBA_char