Re: Making ORBit work with MS VS compilers

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 18:43 -0700, Marcelo Vanzin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to let you guys know that I have files 4 bugs and attached patches:
>
> 524061  	ORBit2  	UNCO  	enh  	Patch: fix orbit2 so it compiles with MSVC
> 524058 	ORBit2 	UNCO 	enh 	Patch: fix idl-compiler so it compiles with MSVC
> 524056 	ORBit2 	UNCO 	enh 	Patch: fix linc2 so it compiles with MSVC
> 522697 	libIDL 	UNCO 	enh 	Patch: make libIDL work with Microsoft's compilers
>
> Note that this does not yet change the code generated by orbit-idl-2,
> nor it generates a working ORBit2 dll. That will require some extra
> work and a larger patch, but now at least things compile with VC. :-)

Attached is our patch for ORBit2-2.14.2, which also fixes the idl
compiler to create code that can be built into a Windows dll.

But there are two issues with this patch (because we do not need it as
real Interix binary):
1) The build environment is assumed to be Interix - there's nothing done
for Cygwin or MSYS.
2) Even if the target is Interix itself (not native Windows using
parity), it eventually assumes that it is built using parity.

HTH,

/haubi/