communicate between different users on same unix host

Hi,

Is there a way to use ORBit2 to communicate using unix-domain-sockets on
same unix host between different users ?

What I see:

User 'server' establishes some unix-domain-socket in
${TMPDIR}/orbit-server/linc-...

Now user 'client' wants to access ${TMPDIR}/orbit-server/linc-..., but
is refused to do so as ${TMPDIR}/orbit-server has permission 700.

If I do 'chmod g+rwx ${TMPDIR}/orbit-server' while the server is up,
'client' can connect to 'server'.
But this only works until there is no new ORB-daemon started by
'server'.

A workaround might be to use "-ORBIIOPUSock=0 -ORBIIOPIPv4=1", but I
want to use unix-domain-sockets.

This is with ORBit2-2.14.2 (what happened with this version?), but I see
the same code in trunk/src/orb/GIOP/giop.c:

static void
giop_tmpdir_init (void)
{
        if (g_mkdir (newname, 0700) < 0) {
}

Interesting enough, I've heard this was working with ORBit2-2.10.5, but
this version did not use g_mkdir() but mkdir() in giop.c.

Thanks!

/haubi/

--
14. November 2007
Salomon Automation an der LogIT Retail im Leopoldsmuseum in Wien, A

5. Dezember 2007
Salomon Automation am  Schweizer Forum für Logistik, Lausanne, CH

Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz
UID-NR:ATU28654300 - Firmenbuchnummer: 49324 K
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht für Zivilrechtssachen Graz