Re: undefined symbol: ORBit_skel_class_register

Am 03.02.2006 17:29:35 schrieb(en) Michael G. (sent by Nabble.com):

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

This is the output when I type "make" to compile the program.

"
/home/mwgong/orbit2/bin/orbit-idl-2 echo.idl
orbit-idl-2 2.13.1 compiling
  mode, hide preprocessor errors, passes: stubs skels common headers

gcc -pthread -DORBIT2=1 -I/home/mwgong/glib2_8_5/include/glib-2.0
-I/home/mwgong/glib2_8_5/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/home/mwgong/orbit2/include/orbit-2.0     -c -o echo-client.o
echo-client.c
--snip--
gcc -pthread -L/home/mwgong/glib2_8_5/lib -L/home/mwgong/orbit2/lib
-lORBitCosNaming-2 -lORBit-2 -lm -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0
-lglib-2.0    echo-server.o echo-skels.o echo-common.o
examples-toolkit.o echo-skelimpl.o   -o echo-server
"

which I think I always use the idl compiler and orbit2 lib under
/home/mwgong/orbit2/ directory.

Yes, looks like it does.

Therefore, I think the problem is when the "echo-server" executable
runs, it , somehows, uses the ORB2-2.6 library ??

well, that could be checked real simple. Try ldd echo-server.
I add a tar gz of the echo client and server as i have wrote it, including autobuild stuff....(i hope its ok to send attachments to this list, alse please tell me and take my apology for it please, i will not do it again then.) Well, those sources build without any problem here.
Sorry, the comments in my source are translated to german...

My general purpose is to compile ORBit2 on Red Hat, and tries to use
it to see whether it is usable. Then I will do some development work
for ORBit2.

I cannot say much to Red Hat, but i actually plan to use ORBit2 as a backbone for a project that should run under a lot of unixes and windows and for that i tested the actual cvs under my SuSE and with MinGW and i can say for sure ORBit2 is usable...well, i think it must be usable as the complete actual GNOME is build upon it. :-)

Greets
   Georg