Re: undefined symbol: ORBit_skel_class_register

Am 03.02.2006 13:26:18 schrieb(en) Michael G. (sent by Nabble.com):
By the way, on the system, it looks like ORBit2.6 is installed.

>rpm -q -a | grep ORBit2
ORBit2-2.6.0-2

But the version I installed is ORBit2-2.13.1.

The problem may be caused by the installed ORBit2, but I don't know
how to invoke my built ORBit2-2.13.1.  Any idea how to use my new
compiled ORBit2 ?

Well, i am relatively new to ORBit2 too. But perhaps i have an idea what might happen to you. It looks like ORBit2-2.6.0 was installed already on your system as you installed the 2.13.1 version. Most likely the 2.6.0 is under /usr and your 2.13.1 is now under /usr/local.
Now i guess that your idl is compiled with the idl compiler of one version and your ORBit2 and your binary is than in turn linked to the other lib of ORBit2. I guess (but its really only a guess) that the idl compiler of 2.6.0 and 2.13.1 produce no compatible source.

So as a suggestion i would try to use the already installed version of your ORBit because it might be used by some software already, and remove the 2.13.1. Or check that in any case the correct idl-compiler is used with the correct ORBit2 lib.

All this is just guessing, as i am new to ORBit2 too.

Greetings

Georg