Re: patch for orbit-idl-2 to emit per interface imethod index

Hi KC,

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 18:24 +0800, KC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don't know how to contribute yet (anyone want to tell me how ?),

You would need a Gnome cvs account:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/requesting.html

or someone to check it into cvs for on your behalf. I think Michael
Meeks would be the one to approve your request for an account.

> so I just email the patch to this mailing list:

Is "make check" in current cvs HEAD happy with your patch?

> will emit the following extra codes to Hello.h

> /* IMethods index */
> typedef enum {
>     Hello__get_data_IMETHODS_INDEX = 0,
>     Hello__set_data_IMETHODS_INDEX = 1,
>     Hello_hello1_IMETHODS_INDEX = 2,
>     Hello_hello2_IMETHODS_INDEX = 3,
>     Hello_hello3_IMETHODS_INDEX = 4
> } Hello__imethods_index;

I think you should drop the explicit enum values. They are not needed so
they shouldn't be used unless for a good reason. Such a change would
also reduce the parameter list of your ch_output_method() and remove one
variable from ch_output_imethods_index(). Cleaner and faster, IMHO.

Best regards,
  jules