Suggestions please (ORB_init)

Hi,

The first thread to call CORBA_ORB_init will decide the ORB
configuration that all other ORBs in the program will have to contend
with. This includes initial references, IPv4/6 use and local/not local
use.

Different threads might have very different uses of CORBA and might not
appreciate this first-come strategy. I know I don't.

The current code is designed with the above strategy firmly in mind and
requires (as far as I can see) a *lot* of work to change.

The only remedy seems to be to fork a local copy of the ORBit2 code
base, piggyback that fork with ones own project and load that privately
forked ORBit2 instead of the otherwise installed version.

Totally not OK.

It would be far better if each ORB_init() call spawned a new ORB to the
caller and let that caller worry about using Object_duplicate() instead
of making the decision on behalf of the developer.

Suggestions, ideas?
  jules