Issues running hello world/echo example

Hi, I'm trying to get the simple 'echo/helloWorld' example running between two systems. I've read the old mailing list archives describing
how unix sockets are turned off by default, but I haven't seen any good explanation on how to turn them back on in order to get the example
to work.

I'm using the python bindings, but that doesn't look like it directly relates to the difficulties I'm having.

My basic test is to run the echo server on one machine, copy echo.ref over to another machine, run the client. Hasn't worked yet.

I tried with -ORBIIOPIPv4=1, no visual effect.

I tried with -ORBCorbaloc=1 to see if I could detect problems with the url, and the url I get back doesn't look like an iiop url:

corbaloc:uiop:/tmp/orbit-qa/linkc-<some digits here>:/<some more digits and hex here>

Can anybody point me in the right direction on this?

--George