Re: Crashing in CORBA_ORB_run() - a.k.a ORBit2 in Evolution 2.4 troubles

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 11:29 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to instantiate an ORB in a shared library that I am
> developing for Evolution 2.4 (a new Camel provider).

To elaborate:

bonobo_main() is called from the Evolution main() function which makes
my attempts at creating another ORB fail miserably.

I want to create a "private" ORB because I need IPv4 activated and
ORBNetID specified. I also need (or would like) to initialize the ORB
with an ORBInitRef so that I can bootstrap my remote objects with
CORBA_ORB_resolve_initial_references() instead of using corbaloc.

I am therefore unable to use the existing Bonobo ORB.

Can anyone help me make the creation of another ORB instance possible?

It sounds like it can be done for someone with experience in
g_main_loops and contexts (which I do not have) without to much trouble.

Thanks,
  jules