linking a proprietary application against ORBit2

Is the ORBit2 library covered by GPL or LGPL?

We are writing a proprietary application that currently links
against ORBit2.  If ORBit2 is strictly GPL, we would be required
to disclose the source code.  (A positively-sounding version: we
would be freeing our code for peer review and adoption).

There are both COPYING (GPL) and COPYING.LIB (LGPL) files in the
top-level ORBit2 CVS directory.  The linc2 subdirectory contains
the file COPYING with LGPL in it.  I assume this means that linc2
is under LGPL.  The terms of linking against libORBit-2.so are
unclear.

--
Ilguiz Latypov

programmer at DiskStream