Automatically finding an initial reference to the name service

I have made some work to get orbit to automatically find an initial
reference to the to the name service using the howl library [1]. If an
application calls CORBA_ORB_resolve_initial_references
(orb,"NameService",ev) it will always return a reference to a name
service if one is running somewhere in the local network. Without any
configuration or anything, it will just work.

I got this working a few minutes ago. And now I wonder which is the best
way to add this functionality to orbit. The way it works now is that the
name service registers itself with howl just before is echoes the IOR
to stdout (which is probably the right place to do it). I put the code
for finding the name service in orb-core/corba-orb.c:
CORBA_ORB_resolve_initial_reference() just to test my idea. But
perhaps it should be placed in orbit-init.c: ORBit_init_internals()
instead? And I haven't thought anything about security and such yet
either. How should it work? what does the CORBA standard say? Comments
please.

[1] http://www.porchdogsoft.com/products/howl/