RE: ORBit2 on uClinux/Coldfire
- From: michael meeks <michael meeks novell com>
- To: Keith Nicewarner <Keith Nicewarner SpaceDev com>
- Cc: orbit-list gnome org
- Subject: RE: ORBit2 on uClinux/Coldfire
- Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:10:43 +0100
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 10:10 -0700, Keith Nicewarner wrote:
> What can I do to reduce the executable size and memory footprint? I
> see dependencies on libIDL, but I have no intention to compile IDL on
> my target. Can this be removed? Are all the internationalizations
> necessary? If not, how can I removed them?
I would suggest:
* link with -Bsymbolic - if it's a dynamic librrary
* the libIDL stuff shouldn't be necessary - it's just for the
* you should only need libORBit2 & glib to get it to run
* you've stripped the binaries & not built with debug right ?
My libORBit-2.so is only 1Mb on linux elf32-i386 but ...
michael meeks novell com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev