Re: linking a proprietary application against ORBit2

Hi Ilguiz,

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 18:56 -0400, Ilguiz Latypov wrote:
> Is the ORBit2 library covered by GPL or LGPL?

	To confirm: LGPL for the libraries - GPL for the helper apps - such as
the IDL compiler ;-)

> We are writing a proprietary application that currently links
> against ORBit2.  If ORBit2 is strictly GPL, we would be required
> to disclose the source code.  (A positively-sounding version: we
> would be freeing our code for peer review and adoption).

	Heh ;-) I'd encourage you to make it free software anyway of course,
but the GNOME platform libraries all explicitely allow commercial
development, ie. LGPL.

	HTH,

 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot