[RFC] Fix for bug#163666

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 15:12 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 14:56 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> > A possible fix would be to drop the static function/type definitions and
> > switch to ordinary header files with "extern" function and type
> > declarations.
>
> Another fix would be to protect the definitions with #define's like the
> generated header file does it.

I have produced a fix for the bug. The fix is divided in two parts:

indent_level.patch: This patch changes the indentation level of src/idl-
compiler/orbit-idl-c-skelimpl.c to 8. I had a really hard time parsing
the code with the former indentation level of 2, so I just had to change
it to a more reasonably value.

skelimpl.patch: This patch is the fix for bug#163666. It must be applied
on top of indent_level.patch. It protects all definitions and
declarations with #ifdef blocks. It is by no means the *right* fix, just
a mere hack. It requires the developer to include the skelimpl files in
IDL inheritance order - most common ancestor first, then progressively
later descendants. The right fix would have been to generate skelimpl
header files with appropriate declarations. Then the developer could
link to the generated object files as usual instead of this #include
mess.

I am sending the patches in separate replies to this mail and I'll
really like another opinion on them...

--
  jules