Re: [Evolution-win32-devel] generic marshalling re-work ...

Hi Tor,

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 19:51 -0500, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> I found one more place in corba-any.c that did unnecessary
> realignment (and caused problems on Win32, as exposed by
> the new AlignHoleStructArray test): The handling of
> CORBA_tk_array elements in ORBit_marshal_value(). I
> just removed the realignment. If the array elements
> are structs or unions, their marshallers already do
> any necessary post-alignment.

	Great :-)

>  There also was no alignment in the corresponding place
> in ORBit_demarshal_value() anyway.

	Great :-) I begin to think there is little/no point in having the
pointer adjustment code in there either (except perhaps for the arrays -
but even then a simple multiply per element is not costly).

> Now test/everything once again works fine on Win32, also with --thread-tests.

	Lovely. I'm glad we got rid of the struct { } foo stuff from the IDL
compiler too, I'm very happy :-)

	Thanks,

 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot