Re: Leaked refs. How to debug?

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 17:32 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 01:18 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> > ** (process:30027): WARNING **: ORB: a total of 2 refs to ORB objects were leaked
> >   1 refs to 'Object (type '')'
> >   1 refs to 'ORB'
> >   1 refs to 'Object (type '')'
> >
> > from my client/server application at exit. I have looked a million times
> > and I am rather sure that no objects are ref'ed more than they are
> > unref'ed.
>
> 	;-) then quite possibly this is an ORB bug - in theory the ORB handles
> its referencing perfectly.

I think ORBit is off the hook too. The leaks are only present if I
invoke ORB_init() and ORB_run() in separate threads.

> > I have tried to Object_release() the orb just before the ORB_destroy()
> > to see what would happen. I got:
>
> 	I would copy some of the samples that do it correctly; eg. test/poa/
> has a set of simple things like that I think,
>
> > So I am reasonably sure that I am releasing the orb as I should. Any way
> > I can get more information of the remaining refs? Ref'ed line or address
> > would be great.
>
> 	I guess, we could prolly easily add a walk of the Object handle hash
> tables and print their type_ids that would prolly help :-) I guess you
> want to walk the orb->objrefs hash and dump g_quark_to_string
> (obj->type_qid) I guess.

This is what is currently done, if I remember correctly. I suspect this
to be more of a glib issue than an ORBit2 issue, but I have been wrong
before ;-)

I'll look some more into it and report any findings to the list.

Best regards,
  jules