Re: Leaked refs. How to debug?

Hi Jules,

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 01:18 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> ** (process:30027): WARNING **: ORB: a total of 2 refs to ORB objects were leaked
>   1 refs to 'Object (type '')'
>   1 refs to 'ORB'
>   1 refs to 'Object (type '')'
>
> from my client/server application at exit. I have looked a million times
> and I am rather sure that no objects are ref'ed more than they are
> unref'ed.

	;-) then quite possibly this is an ORB bug - in theory the ORB handles
its referencing perfectly.

> I have tried to Object_release() the orb just before the ORB_destroy()
> to see what would happen. I got:

	I would copy some of the samples that do it correctly; eg. test/poa/
has a set of simple things like that I think,

> So I am reasonably sure that I am releasing the orb as I should. Any way
> I can get more information of the remaining refs? Ref'ed line or address
> would be great.

	I guess, we could prolly easily add a walk of the Object handle hash
tables and print their type_ids that would prolly help :-) I guess you
want to walk the orb->objrefs hash and dump g_quark_to_string
(obj->type_qid) I guess.

 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot