Re: ORBit_small_invoke_async issue

Hi there,

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 14:03 +0800, KC wrote:
> When I call ORBit_small_invoke_async() from client side,
> the ORBit_small_invoke_async() will return immediately without
> waithing for servant to finish the task, right ?

	Correct. Indeed, it may well return before the message is even sent.

> If my understanding is correct, ORBit_small_invoke_async() simply
> queue the command.   Is it possible to know the command
> already been sent to servant side ?

	Nope - although, if you poke with the (unstable ABI etc.) linc
connection I think you can set buffer limits on the connection so it'll
block at a given stage, and do other stuff - I forget ;-)

>    I don't need to know the exact time, but it will be great if I
> can make sure (from client side) that servant method already running.
> Thanks.

	Best thing to do is prolly to have a small synchronous method that
kicks the job off remotely I guess.

	HTH,

 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot