Re: Propsal to add this demo/sample to the list of samples for ORBit-2 (orbit-docs)

Hi Philip,

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 23:21 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> I was unsatisfied with the current stack of "multithreading" demos/
> samples included with he orbit-docs package.

	:-)

> This sample, which I named AppleMachine (whatever), can (or should) do
> some methods simultaneously. It has tree servant-interfaces. The
> PortableServer poa's are attached to one rootpoa. It runs in one
> mainloop.

	Ok - so it would be best to get some good examples into ORBit2 itself
so people can cut/paste them I guess.

> At this moment is the skelimpl-file very very simple. It might be nice
> to actually do something more cute with it. I haven't created a demo-
> client application either, this is or on my sooner-or-later TODO-list or
> somebody else could create it.

	Sounds good - I'd like to get better samples into ORBit2 cvs - I'm not
convinced that the use of the ORBit2 name server is good practice though
(did I see that there); AFAIK that name server code is ~almost never
used & a bit of a mess.

	If we can shrink the sample - perhaps it'd be good too :-) Either way
Frank is your best bet these days for code review / approval etc.

	HTH,

 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot