Propsal to add this demo/sample to the list of samples for ORBit-2 (orbit-docs)

Hi there,

I was unsatisfied with the current stack of "multithreading" demos/
samples included with he orbit-docs package.

The only sample that helped me a little bit was the mt-calculator
sample. This while ORBit-2 actually does support much more scalable
coding-paths and/or has much more possibilities are are not left
undocumented but are left without easy-to-pickup samples.

This sample, which I named AppleMachine (whatever), can (or should) do
some methods simultaneously. It has tree servant-interfaces. The
PortableServer poa's are attached to one rootpoa. It runs in one
mainloop.

The mt-calculator example only shows how to launch a ORBit-server in the
background of an application. This is indeed a common thing to do, but
it's not the point for many typical multithreaded CORBA-server
implementations. Perhaps it does show that ORBit-2 is thread-safe, but
IMHO it ain't really showing the multithreading capabilities of ORBit-2.

I kept the the tarball as small as possible by removing any generated
file (generated by the autotools). I tried to create the Makefile.am and
configure.ac files as correct as possible.

At this moment is the skelimpl-file very very simple. It might be nice
to actually do something more cute with it. I haven't created a demo-
client application either, this is or on my sooner-or-later TODO-list or
somebody else could create it.

I have not attached any license to this. So it's public domain. It's
unlicensed. You may steal it, rape it, burn it, eat it (I don't care).

I hope it will be usefully for somebody

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org