Need for documentation about multithreaded orb's

Hi there,

I've spend a few hours understanding how to get multiple servants
working, and to let them run tasks in parallel.

I succeeded but feel that a simple example should be made that shows how
to startup a server which can serve multiple methods in parallel.

So not just the mt-calculator sample. It will only launch a background
process which will run the mainloop. Rather a server with multiple
PortableServer_POA-childs connected to one rootpoa and on each child a
servant with different methods defined in multiple idl-files.

It's not very hard once you understand really every aspect of this
PortableServer_POA-stuff. But the current documentation is not very
clear about this. It shows how to launch a corba mainloop in a
background process. Heh, okay .. but thats not the point of a
multithreaded CORBA server right? The example will still launch just one
remote procedure at the time. What if clients want to perform multiple
remote procedures in parallel?

The example might also integrate the callback-example. I can imagine the
use of it for this type of situations.

I am willing to help with such a sample, but I fear that I am not yet
understanding the very details of it. In my humble opinion should a
sample be written by somebody with a lot knowledge and experience on the
subject. So I am first going to experiment with what I have at this
moment.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org