Re: Getting objref type info on the fly for a scripting language binding

Am Fr, den 28.05.2004 um 12:23 Uhr +0200 schrieb dvilla:
> jue, 20-05-2004 a las 20:23, Christophe Saout wrote:
>
> > When calling a method I need to find the methods of the interface.
> > Before I can do that I need to find the interface definition of the
> > object reference I want to use.
> >
> > There's a ORBit_small_get_type_id. But why does it always make a request
> > across the network even if it already knows the type?
> >
> > PyORBit shows the same behavior.
> >
> We have the same problem. What do you think is the easiest or best way
> to solve it?

The easiest way is how I did it. A quick and extremely dirty hack (just
defined the relevant part of the CORBA_Object structure inside the
function so that I can access the type_qid GQuark...).

To know how to solve it correctly I would like to know if there is a
reason that I can't access that field via the API and why
ORBit_small_get_type_id wants to make a call across the network even if
it already knows the type?

> > I can get the reference from an external IOR, but if it's not an ORBit2
> > server the __typecode__ property (from the PyORBit bindings) just return
> > CORBA.Object and I can't call any methods.
>
> isn't it the same problem?

Yes, it is.