Re: ORbit2 naming server modifies IORs

Installing the current HEAD from CVS solved the problem for me.

Thanks

Ansgar

Frank Rehberger wrote:

Ansgar Radermacher wrote:

Hi,

I used the ORBit2 (version 2.10.1) name server within a small benchmark (with multiple ORBs). Strangely, the execution time of omniORB for the transfer of large character sequences differed considerably depending on whether I used the orbit name server or the name server of another ORB.
I found out, that the orbit name server (started with the option -ORBIIOPIPv4=1) modifies the code-set related part of the object reference. This probably causes omniORB to perform code translation. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

This is a good point. Codesets have been ignored by ORBit2 on demarshalling object references, this has been fixed in CVS head a few days ago, installing current HEAD from CVS should be fine for you.

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome login
# hit return as the password
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome checkout ORBit2
cd ORBit2 ; configure --prefix=/opt ; make ; make install

Please note, ORBit2 does not do any codeset-conversion so far, but this could be added for specific codesets forth and back to utf8 quite easily with functions declared in glib-2.0/gconvert.h (see marshaling code in ORBit2/src/orb/GIOP).

Regards, Frank

--
Ansgar Radermacher              CEA/DRT/LIST
http://www-drt.cea.fr/fr/prog/list.htm