Re: Demarshaling under orbit

Hi Reuben,

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 23:57 -0800, Reuben Tonna wrote:
> I would like to decode a CDR stream directly with
> ORBit using perl.  I have done this in the past with
> COPE using CORBA::ORB::_unmarshal_using_tc, but I
> cannot find any similar functionality under ORBit.
> Unfortunately I cannot use COPE, it must be done with
> ORBit.  Has anyone come across this and could direct
> me to a solution?  Thanks, Reuben Tonna.

	Sure - I guess we could export such a thing; we can marshal an Any
easily to a GIOPBuffer - it's just then a matter of adding a simple API
to extract that GIOPBuffer's contents as a sequence<octet> for you [ I
guess ].

	It'll need a small amount of ORB hackage first & some perl wrapping
later though;

 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot