C/C++ programming interface

Hi,

I'm quite new to ORBit and CORBA. I worked through a couple of chapters of
"Advanced CORBA Programming wit C++". But the commands are different to those
being used with ORBit.(I found ORBit uses CORBA_ORB_init and the book uses
CORBA::ORB_init.) And I wrote to a newgroup, but no answer yet. So my question:

Is there a programming interface overview or something like that? What commands
do I need for initializing and running
* the orb,
* the poa,
* and the nameService.

I think that's what I need so far.

Thanks in advance for your help. And sorry about my english.

ciao

Stephan